Online Event: Fresh Pasta Bows and Fresh Pesto (Kids and Teenagers)
When: Tuesday, 4th Aug 2020
Time: 12noon -1pm
Cost: £10 per household
Join Becca for this delicious and simple to follow Fresh Pasta and Pesto online workshop, aimed at children and teenagers but anyone keen to learn can join!
As the session is an interactive class Becca will be able to see all participants and answer questions as they arise or offer guidance on how to correct anything that might go awry.
There is no need to have a pasta machine or even pasta flour if you can’t get it, as Becca will guide you through making the fresh pasta dough using plain flour and shaping it by hand into Farfalle (bow shapes), as well as showing you how to make an amazing fresh pesto sauce.
These online sessions are aimed at children working themselves, however, we do ask for an adult to be in the room and on hand to monitor any parts which might require supervision, depending on the age of the participant.
Ingredients needed (enough for 2 portions):
- 100g plain flour (plus a little extra for dusting), or 00 pasta flour if you can get it
- 1 large egg
- Salt (for water when cooking the pasta)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 pinch of salt
- 40g fresh basil leaves
- 25g pine nuts (you can use walnuts, almonds, cashews if you don’t have pine nuts)
- 20g full-flavoured hard cheese (e.g. parmesan, pecorino, grana-padano & manchego)
- 75ml of extra virgin olive oil or rapeseed oil (4 generous tablespoons)
- Rolling pin
- Medium to large bowl
- Spoon to mix
- Board or clean work surface to flour and roll out on
- Tray, board, or rack to place finished pasta before cooking
- Sharp Knife
- Pastry cutter wheel (crinkle edge) or pizza knife
- Blender/mini chopper or pestle and mortar
- Measuring jug or tablespoon measure