Online After School Club: Sweet and Sour (Kids and Teenagers)
When: Tuesday, 27th November 2020
Cost: £10 per household
Join Becca for this delicious and simple to follow after school cooking club, aimed at children and teenagers! As the session is an interactive class Becca will be able to see all participants and answer questions as they arise or offer guidance on how to correct anything that might go awry.
Each week we will offer a new recipe, alternating between sweet and savoury and our recipes are designed to be enough for a family of 4 to share (but you can easily adjust the ingredient volumes to suit your family).
These online sessions are for children to be able to work by themselves, however we do ask for an adult to be in the room and on hand to monitor any parts which might require supervision, depending on the age of the participant.
Although we aim to take an hour these sessions may run over and Becca will not end the class until all have successfully completed their recipe. Unless specified please allow all children to weigh out and chop during the session, rather than having everything pre-done for them.
- 4 chicken thighs (or breasts) (or other protein if you prefer)
- 4 spring onions
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 2-3 pineapple rings (either fresh or from a tin in juice)
- 6-8 sugar snap peas, sliced
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar (or rice wine vinegar)
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar (light or dark is fine)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (or 2 tsp paste)
- 300ml fresh pineapple juice (or you can use tinned)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- A small squirt of ginger paste or fresh ginger grated (optional)
- a small onion (quartered),
a pinch of chilli flakes,
10 – 12 salted cashew nuts, a sprinkle of sesame seeds
- Large baking dish
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Small bowl
- Garlic press
- Mixing spoon
- Cup or mug