Online Event: Teriyaki Noodles (Kids and Teenagers)
When: Tuesday, 26th May 2020
Time: 1pm – 2pm
Cost: £8 per household
Join Becca for this delicious and simple to follow online workshop, aimed at children and teenagers but anyone keen to learn can join!
As the session is an interactive class Becca will be able to see all participants and answer questions as they arise or offer guidance on how to correct anything that might go awry.
In this class we will be making the most amazing teriyaki sauce that can be used as a mariade for most things and then we will be stir frying it with some vegetable and noodles so lunch for the family is done!
These online sessions are aimed at children working themselves, however, we do ask for an adult to be in the room and on hand to monitor any parts which might require supervision, depending on the age of the participant.
Ingredients needed (makes enough for 2 people):
- 1 or 2 chicken thigh fillets (beef, salmon or tofu also work well)
- A small selection of any vegetables you fancy e.g. small carrot, ¼ pepper of any colour, 1 small handful of broccoli florets, sugar snap peas or mangetout, small handful of cabbage, small handful of sweetcorn or babycorn, ¼ courgette (You do not need to have all of these, just two or three)
- ½ white onion or ½ leek
- 80g medium egg noodles (or any noodles of your choice)
- 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or crushed (or garlic paste)
- 1” piece fresh ginger, peeled (or ginger paste)
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar or honey
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar or white wine/cider vinegar
To finish (optional):
- 1 tsp of sesame seeds
- 1 small spring onion, chopped finely
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Wok or frying pan
- Small bowl (large enough to hold your meat while it marinades)